Saturday, February 27, 2010

AZ March for Babies Zoo Day

We had the opportunity to attend a function for the Arizona March for Babies today at the Zoo. We are one of the Team Families and this will be our 9th year participating. My niece Tera Evelyn was born prematurely and died after living 13 days. We love her and miss her and remember her with help from The March for Babies (formerly March of Dimes). We also do fundraising for medical research for premature babies. Anything will help. Even $5. You can donate at the link to the right >>>>> After our lunch and event we got to play at the zoo. It was David's first time and he loved it and enjoyed spending time with his cousins. I got to be pushed in a wheelchair because of my pregnancy. I wanted to be able to make it through the whole day so Tyler was kind enough to push me. David's favorite parts were the petting zoo goats and the monkey encounter habitat with little squirrel monkeys. He even got to get a toy monkey at the end of the day which you can see in his sleeping arms in the last picture. He immediately fell asleep on the way home. Good sign we had a great day.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

My handsome little nephew!! I can't even tell you how much I love seeing those pictures of him having fun at the zoo! Tera would have loved the zoo because we are a zoo family! I am sure she was chuckling to see David down there in the dirt with the goats! :)

Daniel doings said...

Angie the last picture says it all. I loved taking my children to the zoo, sweet memories! Love you, Mom