Monday, February 1, 2010

Why were there Permanet Markers nearby???

So this is a picture of David cleaning up his mess. I had to take a shower this afternoon and he is too old now for me to take him with me. I usually let him stay in the living room to watch a movie and all goes well. Today I came out and sat on the couch and started talking on the phone. Slowly I began to smell permanent marker and wondered where on earth it was coming from. I mean, David has been mobile for 2 1/2 years now. I have moved everything that could possibly be in his reach that he shouldn't have....I guess not everything. I looked over at the computer desk and all over the screen and the desk was marker. Plus his shirt and face. He went straight to his room and I found a clue on the internet to clean the monitor with nail polish remover. So I got that clean and then calmed down a bit. I let David out of his room and made him start scrubbing the desk. I think it has come out as good as it is going to get. GRRRR!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I think I might get rid of all markers in my house and only own crayons for a few years...

Roxxi and Van said...

DAVID!!
He's just being artistic!!
Give him back the marker!!

Dawson and Jenny Alverson said...

thats lovely

StrawberryGoose said...

Tapping Fluid. Go to a hardware store and ask for some. It's really strong so only use a little bit, but it will get permanent marker, crayons, etc off of most any non-porous surface.
-Mamie

Leslie said...

Oh how I remember those days. Shaun was my "artist" and I am so glad he's grown out of using everything as his palate! Don't worry... these days will pass quickly and you'll seen be on the other end wishing he'd go back to making those messes! ;)