Saturday, February 6, 2010

Jim Butcher - Read His Books

This is the first of Jim Butcher's book series I read. It's called The Dresden Files. An awesome Fantasy story set in modern day Chicago. The main character is a sexy rugged man and the humor through out the book is my favorite part. He is planning on 20 books and book 12 comes out in April.
I loved the Dresden Files so much that I was hesitant to read his more conventional fantasy series. He wrote it after he started the Dresden Files so I was scared it might not be as good. I WAS WRONG! It's called The Codex Alera. The story is set in its own world with its own places and history. Plucky young hero that rises to the occasion. Very unique way he incorporates the "magic" in the story. I am addicted and so sad that there are only 6 and I am so sad to start the LAST ONE tonight.
Visit his website if you want more info.

2 comments:

Dawson and Jenny Alverson said...

okay i just ordered the first book of The Dresden Files off of amazon. I'm excited.

angie and tyler said...

you won't be sorry.