Thursday, February 21, 2008

Aunt Ashley

Yesterday aunt Ashley came over to visit David. Now that David has recently began to say MaMa, we've been pushing for other names. During the visit David kept saying "Lalee" along with lots of excited babble. When she was leaving we tried to get him to say Ashley and he just smirked. I pointed out that maybe Lalee meant Ashley but he's said Ahbudee since he could say anything and we have no definition for the word. It was a shot in the dark.
But now today when Ashley dropped Tyler off and we were all outside saying goodbye he said Lalee again when Ashley gave him to me and I almost didn't register it until I asked him, "Can you say 'Ashley'?" and David with a yearning look in his eyes for his aunt to come back and hold him said, "Lalee." It was soooo awesome! I know it was amazing for Ashley but Tyler and I are proud parents too. This is the very first name of anyone other than Daddy and MaMa. It really shows that Ashley makes so much time to be with him and I think him saying Lalee will make it even better for her.
Oh my gosh. I just asked him to say Ashley and he smiled and said Lalee. We went back and forth and he said it 5 or 6 times and now he's running to the door saying Lalee Lalee Lalee Lalee. Oh, he made it to the door and there is crying. He loves his auntie!

No comments: