(SPECIAL NOTE: I really appreciate Tina's help today. She taught me how to use the seat belt on the new booster seat so David can't move the strap around at all and made sure the new baby's seat was in properly. It was not her fault this pregnant lady had a cow. )
David is getting bigger and I have been wondering what to do about a new car seat. Lauren works at the Apache Junction Fire Department and they have a car seat specialist that could answer my questions. I thought it would be fun to go down there and let David see the fire trucks and get some info.
We had a great time and even though David was so scared the trucks were going to turn on I think he had a good time too. Tina checked out what David looked like in his car seat and basically told me he was too big for it and I needed to get a booster with a back on it. I said I would get one on Friday and she told me I should go as soon as possible. Well isn't Friday soon? Then again before we left she pressed me to get one pronto. We took Lauren to lunch and I didn't think much about it there. On the way home I thought more and more like my son was not safe in his seat, and that if we were in an accident Tina basically told me he would be hurt. That turned into me being an irresponsible mother, and how could I let him go so long in a seat that was too small? (I am just stating what I was thinking, not whether or not it was rational).
So began my gradual climb of panic. I got to Lawanna's so I could use the computer and transfer money into my spending account. (I have a special debit card that we use for all non-bill purchases. Its just how we do it). The website wasn't working, I had David waiting in the car, and Tyler wouldn't answer his phone and I wanted him to see if he could do the transfer from work. I got more and more frantic. I know Lawanna could tell I was tense and she tired to calm me down by saying she didn't see why waiting till Friday would be a bad thing. Unluckily I was too far gone at that point to hear reason.
The website finally worked and I rushed down to the car to go to Walmart. At this point my pregnant energy level was at 0% and I was worried about how I would get David out of the car, into a cart, and all over the store, then back to the car. I had NOTHING left in me but I HAD to get this seat or David was going to die. David fights me getting out of the car. I finally get inside and waddle ALL THE WAY to the back where the car seats are. The one I want is not there!!!! I don't want to spend $60 when the $30 is the same!
At this point the panic in my head and heart was not for David's life but wondering how I was going to get out of the store and David back in the car AND out of the car again and into ANOTHER store. I sat down on the ground in Walmart and almost started to cry. I was not going to be able to get up for a long time let alone get to another store. Right then Tyler called and blessed be the name of my husband he convinced me that the seat could wait till he got home and that we could go together and almost convinced me that Friday would be fine too. He got me to agree to get David back in the car and just go home. I can do that right? Just get home and then it can be over and I can relax. Okay, I can do it.
Just as I was about to hang up I looked over at David in the cart and his shorts and legs where dripping and there was a puddle on the floor beneath him.........
More calming words had to come from Tyler and I stood up and waddled myself and David out of Walmart. When I got to the parking lot and started to strip David down that's when I started to cry. I had to bend over trying to get his pants off and new ones on and then he got 2 legs stuck in one leg hole on the shorts. From the bending over pain and uncomfortable-ness I lost it, frustrated that I couldn't get his pants on right and I had to keep bending. I sat down on the asphalt and sobbed. Got back in the car, back home, and David in his room with a movie. Now I need to go lay down until I can calm myself. I'm all worked up in hyper-crazy mode.
2 comments:
Sorry you had a crappy day. I would loose it too! Just hang in there. You are a great mom!!! I had a similar experience today. I ate cake :0)
Oh man. I've had those days. Sorry you have, too.
Post a Comment