Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cleaning House

So with deciding to stay in this apartment at least another year and with a new baby on its way, I have been feeling a HUGE urge to clean house. We have junk crammed in every closet and corner and I know that 90% of it we don't even need or remember we have. So with the normal parts of the house tidy right now I asked Tyler if maybe he could go through all his computer parts, wires, pieces, crap, etc.
(anyone that does not have a computer saavy husband you need to know that they collect computer parts like squirels collect nuts. You never know when you could need this cord, or this board might be good for something. It is ridiculous in some ways, but in others Tyler has been able to build someone in need an entire computer just from scraps he had lying around. )
I went to work like normal hoping that he could get some of it accomplished.
Well I got home and was so AMAZED!! He went through EVERYTHING and got rid of so much. He consolodated all the many piles of computer gear in different rooms and compacted it all in 1 tiny drawer unit. Then he cleared out our hall closet full of boxes and made a pile of stuff to donate and more throw away. I can actually put my vacuum away for the first time in 2 years! He moved his drawer unit to a better place and opened up the spot in our room that I wanted to put the pack n' play for the new baby and then set up the pack n' play! Sufficeth to say he crossed off half of my getting ready for baby list. I am so happy right now. I have a fabulous husband!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Okay...somehow I missed the announcement that there was another baby on the way...how long had this been common knowledge?

Anonymous said...

You are prego?? Congrats! When are you due??

Dawson and Jenny Alverson said...

you do have a good hubby!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Tyler! We've been doing the same thing here with my little nesting thing kicking in. Plus I've been watching Clean House a lot. Mike left this morning for work saying I better not throw any of his tools away in my purging rampage. We'll see :) jk

Leslie said...

Way to go Tyler! :)

Daniel doings said...

We love our helpful hubbies!!!!

Melinda said...

Congratulations! By the way I'm pregnant too but I put most of my stuff on facebook now. My due date is June 18th when is yours? Merry Christmas to you and your family. I miss hangin out. I hope you guys are doing well.